A Golden Oak ink Blotter circa 1940.
The gnarled knop screws the upper and lower parts together to secure the blotting paper.
These desk blotters (among other objects) were produced from the debris of the church to raise money for its restoration after the bombing of 1941.
The original church was built by Christopher Wren in 1668.
The restoration was undertaken and designed by Sir Albert Richardson.
Length 17 cm.